There’s a certain energy to a new school year. The leaves are changing and the excitement for a fresh season and a new start are palpable. The school supplies have been purchased and new friends made, but perhaps the most obvious sign that school is back in session are the tired little people we greet at the end of a school day. From the pinafores
to the overalls
, every single piece in the Hey Gang collection has been designed and made for play, so we have been giving extra thought to those precious hours between school and dinner time. It’s a prime time for connection and for play, but can also be a necessary time for little ones to recharge. Keep reading for five activities that we love for curious little minds in need of a little active recovery.
Also, education is something we are passionate about at Hey Gang. We donate $5 of every chain stitch customization to Donors Choose and wanted to let you know that buy purchasing Hey Gang these past few months, you have helped to purchase tablets and math tools for students at elementary schools where nearly every student comes from a low income family, so thank you!
1. It doesn’t get simpler (or sweeter!) than these clothespin paintbrushes
. A quick trip outside coupled with paint, paper, and clothespins are all you need for some creative wind down time.
2. Crafts have all sorts of final destinations ranging from the refrigerator to the recycling basket, but what about one that you actually want to keep on your dining room table after it’s complete? This beeswax candle tutorial
is pretty and simple and perfectly tactile for tiny fingers.
3. Nothing says fall like these decoupage pumpkins
. Let kids forage for signs of fall outdoors and then apply them with mod podge for a final product that’s all autumn vibes.
4. Extra leaves lying around? A surplus of clothespins? Turn them into this easy fairy garland
that doubles as fall decor.
5. You will need a few more ingredients for this one, but slime in any form never disappoints and this Halloween-themed slime
looks like a sure crowd pleaser.
What do your littles do in their Hey Gang? Tag us in your social media photos using the hashtag
#beagoodbuddy, so that we can see what adventures you are up to!